Dear Worried Homeschool Mom,
I just have one thing I want to tell you. It’s the message of hope I share whenever I get a chance.
You CAN Do This!
You can do this even when your dirty dishes and laundry stack up.
You can do this even when your kids go crazy.
You can do this even though tempers flare.
You can do this even though your home is in crisis.
You CAN. I know it seems hard to believe on your down days — but Mom, you are not ever alone. God is always with you, and you can take comfort in knowing that other moms across the world are struggling right along with you. None of us is doing it all perfect either! We struggle, and we probably share some of the same struggles you have.
It might look like everyone has it all together, but that’s because we are all hiding the struggles and showing the world the happy parts. Every mom has or will have private struggles you know nothing about. And in the meantime, we (just like you) keep pressing on with this homeschool thing. Doing our best to carry out God’s calling on our lives. He’s got this. I’m so glad!
Isaiah 40:11 saysHe tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- I sing. That’s right. I belt out those old hymns and new choruses at the top of my lungs. It helps. Go ahead — try it.
- I pray. That’s the Sunday School answer right? But it’s still the truth. Prayer helps.
- I read my Bible. In fact, that’s why I just started Bible in 90 Days again on Monday. I need to immerse myself in God’s word and this particular reading plan is the one that most often helps me make it happen.
- I get outside. I love to be outside surrounded by God’s creation. I love to hear the birds singing, the animals rustling around, and the chatter of little boys on a hike in the woods. It’s refreshing. And the sunshine’s good for me too!
You CAN Do this Mom.
Latest posts by Amy Blevins (see all)
- DIY Soft Scrub: Make Your Own Rosemary Mint Scrubbing Cleaner - September 20, 2017
- Make Ahead Breakfasts for Busy Mornings - September 18, 2017
- Every Homeschooling Mom Needs a Great Homeschool Convention - September 17, 2017