When my husband and I first got married, we moved into a really old home and bought a dog. I very quickly realized that our new-to-us home and our new puppy came with some not so pleasant scents. Thats when I turned to burning candles all the time whenever we were home. And I fell in love with the beautiful aromas filling our home from candles, especially during the fall season. I was a candle addict!
Then we had kids. Candles became things of great and grave danger. Lighting massive pillar candles and jar candles that burned for hours became a thing of the past. And I started looking for other ways to make my home smell amazing.
Autumn is the perfect time for using your essential oil diffuser to create wonderful scents of the season throughout every room in your house. If you were a candle addict, you’re going to love how you can replace them with your diffusers and it’s safer, lasts longer, and doesn’t put any harmful chemicals into your home.
There are some scents that are already great for fall, but when you blend them, you can make even more magic happen. We’re going to take a look at some popular fall essential oil recipes you can use today. Use them in your diffuser, or make a spray for your room and you can enjoy it all day long. These fall essential oil recipes are so easy to make! If you prefer to push the easy button and buy a ready-to-go fall blend, I love this Pumpkin Spice Latte Essential Oil Blend from Rocky Mountain Oils.
Perfect Fall Essential Oil Recipes You Can Make
- Sweet Fall: 2 drops Cedarwood and 3 drops Bergamot
- Spicy Nights: 2 drops White Fir, 2 drops Sandalwood, and 4 drops Cypress
- Fall Energy: 2 drops Wintergreen and 4 drops Citrus Passion
- Cool Evening: 3 drops Sandalwood, 2 drops Vanilla, 1 drop Cinnamon, and 1 drop Clove
- Woodsmen: 2 drops Cypress and 1 drop Bergamot
- Crisp and Clear: 1 drop Patchouli, 1 drop Sandalwood, 2 drops Citrus Passion, and 2 drops Ylang Ylang
- Sleep Well: 1 drop Cedarwood, 2 drops Vetiver, and 4 drops Lavender
- Fall Rain: 1 drop Lavender, 2 drops Bergamot, and 3 drops Clary Sage
- Autumn Air: 4 drops Sweet Orange, 3 drops Lemon, and 3 drops Fir
- Cinnamon Spice: 2 drops Orange, 1 drop Cinnamon Bark, 1 drop Clove, and 1 drop Vanilla
- Fall Wreath: 3 drops Peppermint, 3 drops Fir, 1 drop Eucalyptus, 1 drop Tea Tree, and 2 drops Rosemary
- Pumpkin Pie: 2 drops Ginger, 2 drops Cassia, 1 drop Clove, 1 drop Vanilla, and 2 drops Cardamom
Now that you know these great fall essential oil recipes, you can add them to your daily routine. Even if fall isn’t in the air for you yet, you can make it feel that way with these awesome essential oil recipes for your diffuser. You can use them in your office, in your bedroom, in the bathroom, or even in the kitchen. From mid-September onward, no room in the home or office is complete without the sweet smell of fall.
Latest posts by Amy Blevins (see all)
- DIY Soft Scrub: Make Your Own Rosemary Mint Scrubbing Cleaner - September 20, 2017
- Make Ahead Breakfasts for Busy Mornings - September 18, 2017
- Every Homeschooling Mom Needs a Great Homeschool Convention - September 17, 2017