Best Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 2 lbs butternut squash
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 32 oz chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To cook the butternut squash
- Cut your squash in half and clean the seeds out.
- Place trivet in Instant Pot and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Place the squash over the trivet and close lid.
- Set to manual, high pressure, for 10 minutes. Natural release.
- Carefully remove squash from Instant Pot and scoop out the flesh.
To make the Butternut Squash Soup
- Place the olive oil or butter in the IP on the saute setting.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the squash (removed from its skin) and stir well to incorporate.
- Turn off the saute setting and add the stock and seasonings as desired. (See note below)
- Place the lid on the IP and select Soup setting for 10 minutes.
- Natural release. Adjust seasoning to taste before serving.
Note: add additional seasonings as desired and available. Cajun, pumpkin pie, Italian – all make great additions individually and each will give the soup a different flavor profile.
error: Alert: Content is protected !!