Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
- Prep Time: 3 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 6-7 People 1x
Chicken and Pasta
- 1/2 Box Spaghetti ((half of a one pound box) A little more should work fine if you need a bit more for your family.)
- 4 Chicken Thighs (Boneless!)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons Butter,
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Cheese Crackers (Crushed (Optional))
Chicken and Pasta
- Plug in your Instant Pot. Add a cup of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot and hit sauté.
- Pull out a box of Spaghetti and remove half. Break the noodles in half and throw them in the Instant Pot. Stir them up with the water to get all the noodles wet.
- Top with four chicken thighs.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Make sure the plastic seal on the lid is seeded correctly. Add the lid, and seal the vent.
- Switch the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook (or “manual” depending on which model you have).
- Set the time for 9 minutes.
- Melt the butter. Add the flour. Stir together.
- Whisk in the Chicken Broth and allow to thicken slightly.
- Whisk in the Heavy Cream. I like to put the cream into a hot measuring cup to get it started heating gently so it doesn’t curdle. If you whisk it in fast it usually won’t anyway.
- Allow the sauce to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Add the cheese and stir to melt.
Finishing it off
- When the pressure cooking cycle is complete, release the steam immediately.
- Remove the chicken thighs to a cutting board and rough chop the chicken.
- Stir the pasta and separate any stuck noodles.
- Return the chicken to the pot.
- Stir in the cheese sauce.
- Serve hot!
- Crush the cheese crackers. Reserve to top the dish before serving or before re-heating in the oven the next day.