Large Family Creamy Chicken Risotto for the Instant Pot
Rich, creamy, chicken risotto with saffron, made in the Instant Pot.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Butter
- 2 Onions
- 3 Cups Arborio Rice
- ~3 Pounds of Chicken (I used three of those large chicken breasts that weigh a little less than 1 pound each)
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Pinch (approximately 25 strands) of Saffron
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan (fresh is best)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Turn on your Instant Pot to Saute and add the olive oil to the inner pot.
- Chop the onion and dice up the chicken in bite-sized pieces.
- Start sauteeing the onion first, then add the chicken after a couple of minutes.
- Stir until the chicken is starting to sear on the outside. This helps seal in the juices.
- Add the three cups of arborio rice and stir for two more minutes.
- Add the liquid and saffron and stir well to deglaze the pot.
- Turn off your IP and switch it to pressure cook mode (newer models may not require you to turn the machine off first). Set the time to 12 minutes on high pressure.
- Allow a natural release of pressure for about five minutes, then turn the valve to quick release the remaining pressure.
- Add a stick of butter and stir the risotto to incorporate liquids that have risen to the top.
- Stir in parmesan.
- Allow the butter to fully melt and stir one last time.
- Serve! Goes well with peas or salad and crusty bread.
error: Alert: Content is protected !!