THM Chicken Enchiladas by: Mary Bondurant & Lynn Tolley
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup THM Baking Blend
- 10 oz chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water (more broth and less water is fine)
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2–3 cans chopped green chilis (Lynn would say 2, Mary says 3 ☺ they aren’t spicy, just add flavor)
- 8 oz block of cream cheese (softened)
- 4 chicken breasts (cubed or cut into slices)
- 4 cups colby jack cheese blend
- 1–2 shakes dried onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter with the baking blend over medium heat to make a roux.
- Slowly add in the water and chicken broth.
- Stir until it starts to bubble. This will be a thinner than normal sauce at this point.
- Once bubbly take it off the heat and stir in the sour cream, chilis and cream cheese.
- Stir until melted. Set aside.
- Pour a layer of the sauce into the bottom of the pan(s) (an inch thick in the mini loaf pans or 9×13, whichever you prefer).
- Add a nice layer of cubed or sliced cooked chicken. I use at least half a chicken breast per mini loaf pan. Use all of the chicken if putting it in the 9×13.
- Sprinkle with a light layer of cheese and a shake of dried onion (I don’t measure the shake lol).
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top (if putting it in the loaf pans just separate it out).
- Top the pan(s) with a thick layer of the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until browned & bubbly.