Preschool Butterfly Craft
- Printed Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Hot Glue
- Brightly Colored Paints
- Paint Brush
- Black Marker
- Mini Popsicle Sticks
- Paint mini popsicle sticks with brightly colored paint and allow the paint to dry completely.
- Cut thin strips of black cardstock and punch holes with a hole punch.
- Cut the strips of black cardstock into 2 inch pieces, glue onto the back of the popsicle sticks and then glue a punched circle on top of each paper strip. This forms the antennae.
- Print out the eye template, cut out and glue eyes onto each popsicle stick. These are super small, so best done by an adult. Or you could choose to use sticky googly eyes instead.
- Use a black marker to add a smile onto the popsicle sticks. Set aside.
- Print out the top and bottom template.
- Cut the template out. (grown-up step)
- Trace the circle and square onto printed cardstock and then cut out. (child step)
- Tightly fold each shape accordion style. (refer to the photo)
(You can also experiment making other shapes into butterflies.)
- Glue the top and bottom together with glue and secure to dry with a clothespin or use hot glue.
- Fan out the wings once the glue is dry.
- Glue the popsicle sticks into the middle of the wings.
- Your butterflies are finished!