Butternut Squash Risotto in the Instant Pot
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 7 Minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 10 People 1x
- 3 Tablespoons Butter,
- 1/2 Onion (Diced)
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth (or Vegetable Broth)
- 2 Cups Butternut Squash Puree
- 1 Teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Plug the Instant Pot in and set it to sauté.
- Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the diced onion.
- Stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the Arborio Rice and stir to coat, then stir frequently for 4 minutes.
- Add the broth, puree, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Make sure the sealing ring is properly seeded in the Instant Pot lid and place it on the IP.
- Close the venting knob.
- Switch the pot to “manual” or “pressure cook” (depending on your model) and cook for seven minutes on high pressure.
- Quick release and remove the pot from the heat source immediately to avoid drying out or over cooking the risotto.
- Serve hot.