Frosted Soft Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Spice Mix
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, (Softened)
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree (a little less than two cups real puree.)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk (You can also use pumpkin puree in place of the milk)
- 2 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice mix, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar.
- Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until well combined.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients.
- Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly with floured fingers (dough will be sticky.)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges are set and just turning golden. Cool before icing.
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth.
- Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy.
- If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup 1/2 teaspoon at a time.
- Dip cookies, or spread the icing over them with a spoon or butter knife.