These decadent soft pumpkin cookies will truly melt in your mouth. These are the BEST pumpkin cookie I have ever eaten, and the frosting on top just throws these cookies into blue ribbon category. If you love pumpkin, this is a must-try recipe.
A few years back there was a shortage of pumpkin puree at the stores, and when I went the whole shelves were completely wiped of pumpkin puree. My heart sank, and I would check back every few days to see if more was stocked on the shelves. I guess there was a bad season on pumpkins that year, and there was a shortage all around. Since then, I have always made sure to keep my pantry stocked of my beloved pumpkin puree. I am all about making decadent desserts to rich and creamy soups with my pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin is such a superfood, and I try to incorporate it into our diet. Pumpkins are loaded with antioxidants, and disease-fighting vitamins, that make adding this into your diet all year round a winner. The vibrant orange color is a dead giveaway that they are loaded with antioxidants, beta-carotene, which is so great for our bodies. It helps us have good eyesight, protects our immune system and offers a healthy glow to our skin.
The tender texture of these cookies topped with the sweet and refreshing frosting just truly takes the trophy. These soft pumpkin cookies are great to make for goodies to give out to loved ones, pack for school parties, and even treat yourself after a hard day of work!
Every time I bake these the family gobbles them right up, they are a popular cookie in our household. I hope you guys enjoy these soft pumpkin cookies as much as our family does. They are so simple to make, and they will make your home smell like the Fall season.
Frosted Soft Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Spice Mix
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, (Softened)
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree (a little less than two cups real puree.)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk (You can also use pumpkin puree in place of the milk)
- 2 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice mix, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar.
- Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until well combined.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients.
- Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly with floured fingers (dough will be sticky.)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges are set and just turning golden. Cool before icing.
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth.
- Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy.
- If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup 1/2 teaspoon at a time.
- Dip cookies, or spread the icing over them with a spoon or butter knife.