Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Mussels Recipe
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 15
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- 6–10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine, optional
- 2lbs mussels, cleaned
- 1 cup heavy cream, optional
- Parsley, optional for serving
- Clean and remove beards from mussels.
- Discard any mussels that do not close when tapped against a hard surface or have cracks in them.
- Place chopped bacon in Instant Pot, select Saute setting.
- Allow the bacon to cook fully, releasing the grease into the IP. This will serve as the cooking fat for the vegetables.
- Add the onions, mushrooms, and apple and saute for 3-5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Turn off the saute setting and carefully add the mussels to the Instant Pot.
- Select “Manual” for 6 minutes. Natural or quick release.
- Optional: Stir in the heavy cream and select the Saute setting. Cook until the cream starts to boil, then turn off the Instant Pot.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley.