Valentine’s Day Magnets: A Heart Craft Kids Can Make
- Bubble Wrap
- Small Magnet Squares
- Download the template (2x for each heart).
- Print the template out.
- From the first copy of the template, cut the center heart out (without the scallops) and set aside.
- Cut out squares of bubble wrap.
- Paint the bubble wrap with red, white, and pink paint and dab the bubble wrap onto cardboard or paper.
- Repeat this step until the cardboard is covered in paint.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Turn the cardboard over and trace the heart template you’ve made onto the cardboard.
- Cut the heart shape out. Use a paintbrush to add glue onto the front of the heart.
- Shake on glitter, sequins, and add a few rhinestones. You can really add any element you want to this– pom poms, buttons, etc.
- Allow the glue to dry completely.
- From the second template you printed, cut out the full heart, this time including the scalloped edges.
- Glue the cardboard heart onto the scalloped heart.
- If desired, glue a small craft magnet to the back. You can use this heart craft any way you want; you don’t technically have to make it a Valentine’s Day Magnet gift!
- Add a lovely message and your craft is complete.
- This would make a wonderful classroom take-home gift!
- Try using different color paint and shades of paper to make this craft even more unique.
error: Alert: Content is protected !!