Whole 30 French Onion Chicken for the Instant Pot
- Yield: Serves 3 1x
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lbs onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ghee, melted
- 1 tsp coconut aminos or coconut vinegar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Almond flour
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Spray Instant Pot liner with spray oil and saute chicken on each side until browned, set aside.
- Add half the onions to the liner, add chicken breast on top, and the other half of the onions on top of the chicken.
- Mix together broth, garlic, ghee, coconut aminos(or vinegar), balsamic vinegar and thyme.
- Pour sauce over onions and chicken.
- Set Instant Pot to manual, high pressure, for 5 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, let the chicken sit for 5 minutes while it naturally releases pressure.
- Once 5 minutes is up, release the vent completely.
- Remove onions and chicken breast to a platter.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and add a bit of almond flour to sauce to thicken. Make sure to whisk continuously to avoid clumping.
- Spoon thickened sauce over chicken breast and serve.