You’ve heard about freakshakes right? These masterful creations combine milkshakes with a theme and a huge conglomeration of toppings piled high. Originally hailing from Australia, freakshakes have taken the US by storm. With as many as 1200 calories per shake, it’s been a controversial storm at that. So you might be wondering why I am publishing a recipe for a sweet Valentine’s Day freakshake for two!
Well for one thing, I would always recommend that freakshakes be shared and saved for special occasions. With that many calories, this is just good common sense. And Valentine’s Day seems like the perfect special occasion for sharing, making our freakshake an indulgent way to end your V-Day celebration with your special someone.
The Point of Freakshakes
I’d also like to point out that you never have to finish a freakshake. That is so not the point. Our Valentine’s Day Freakshake for two is not going to be offended if you set aside bits and pieces after you’ve oohed and ahhed over the awesomeness of it all and taken your pics for Instagram. While I’m at it, I’ll also point out that we kept our freakshake more simple than most.
Freakshakes are a fun way to do something sweet for your loved one. Just pick a theme that your special someone loves, and create the shake just for them.
Yes, freakshakes on Instagram are a thing – make sure you check out the hashtag!
The first steps in making our Valentine’s Day Freakshake for Two are frosting the glass and adding sprinkles. This is pretty straightforward. By the way, using a pedestal glass like we did will give you something to hold onto so that you can turn the glass horizontal as you add sprinkles. They will stick better.
The next step is to make the milkshake. Use a blender, and you can mix up the flavor of ice cream as well! We used vanilla, but anything would work. Once you carefully pour the milkshake into the glass, it’s all about adding those finishing touches. Top it with a donut! You could get strawberry frosted or chocolate frosted, it doesn’t matter, but be sure to add a few of the sprinkles to the top to add a nice finished look.
Keep Your Freakshake Simple!
For the final touches, you can use heart-shaped lollipops, chocolate lollipops, and heart-shaped Peeps. All of these items can be purchased at your local grocery store or candy shop, making our Valentine’s Day Freakshake for Two super simple. Add a little whipped cream with more sprinkles at the end, and your freakshake is ready to serve! Isn’t it adorable?
Grab two spoons and enjoy!Print
A Sweet Valentine’s Day Freakshake for Two
Decorating Ingredients for A Sweet Valentine’s Day Freakshake for Two
- 1 container of strawberry frosting
- Gold Arrow sprinkles
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- Red and pink marshmallow heart sticks (you can make these using heart shaped peeps)
- Chocolate Valentine’s Day puppy lollipop
- 4 red heart lollipops
- Chocolate frosted donut
- Whipped cream
Milk Shake Ingredients for our Sweet Valentine’s Day Freakshake for Two
- 1 8oz milkshake glass
- 5-6 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/2 C whole milk
- Frost the rim of the milkshake glass with the strawberry frosting and sprinkle with the Valentine’s Day sprinkles.
- Using a blender, combine all milkshake ingredients and blend until smooth
- Pour milkshake into the glass
- Add a few sprinkles onto the chocolate donut to add more detail
- Place the donut onto the top of the milkshake glass
- Add the red and pink marshmallow sticks onto the left and right side of the donut
- Carefully stick the chocolate lollipop into the center
- Place two red heart lollipops on the left and right side of the puppy
- Pipe whipped cream into the center of the donut
- Sprinkle Valentine’s Day sprinkles onto the whipped cream