Do you have any old, famous recipes you’ve always wanted to try? I have ALWAYS wanted to make Beef Bourguignon – but I was afraid to make the attempt for a very long time. I’m super excited about this recipe because it is a very simple recipe for Beef Bourguignon in the Instant Pot or any slow cooker. You don’t have to be afraid of this recipe anymore. And it’s delicious.
After I made this most recently (sans the mushrooms since I forgot them) my oldest son told me it was his second most favorite dish I’ve ever made. That’s high praise from a teenager!
So are you going to try it? Share your photos on Instagram with the hashtag #momwin!
Beef Bourguignon for the Instant Pot
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 people 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- 3 Pounds Boneless Beef Sirloin or Chuck
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 4 Slices bacon (Diced)
- 2 Medium Carrots (Diced)
- 12–15 Baby Red Potatoes (Unpeeled, quartered)
- 1/2 Pound Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped, or 20–24 Pearl Onions, halved)
- 5–10 Cloves Garlic (Minced, we scoop it from a jar)
- 1 Teaspoon Marjoram
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Burgundy Wine (I use FRE Red Wine Blend, which is an alcohol-removed red wine mix. If you choose to use normal wine please make sure you follow all of the precautions for cooking with alcohol in a pressure cooker.)
- Coat the beef in flour, and shake off the excess. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until partially cooked.
- Add the beef and cook until it is seared on the outside.
- Remove the bacon and the beef and deglaze the pot with half the red wine, scraping the bottom of the pan and adding all resulting thick mess to the Instant Pot.
- Put the carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic, spices, beef and bacon, and the remaining wine in the Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot Directions: Seal and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Natural release for five to ten minutes. Serve with crusty bread. (Shown with a crusty french bread from our grocer’s bakery.)
- Slow Cooker Directions: Complete the searing process and move everything to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is tender. Serve with crusty bread. (Shown with a crusty french bread from our grocer’s bakery.)
Please pin this recipe!