Spring is a great time to learn about farms. There are a lot of cute babies being born, and the farmers are getting ready to plant their crops for the season. There are so many fun learning activities associated with life on the farm. Get your Down on the Farm free printable using the link at the end of this post.
Down on the Farm Unit Study
Down on the Farm Printable
I’ve created a fun new printable for students in grades 1-3. In this printable pack, you’ll find the following learning activities:
- beginning and ending sounds
- addition and subtraction
- and more!
Down on the Farm Activities
- Teach your little ones about the life cycle of a chicken with this poster from I Heart Crafty Things.
- Your little learners can practice milking a cow with this hands-on activity from The Inspired Treehouse.
- Kids can draw their own cow with this tutorial from Deep Space Sparkle.
- Science is fun with this Bouncing Egg experiment from Happiest Mom on the Blog.
- Older students might enjoy adding activities from this Farmer Boy Story Study Lapbook from Homeschool Share.
Books About Life on the Farm
Field Trip Ideas
- Visit a working farm.
- Visit a science museum. We visited one in Chicago that had a chick incubator!
- Visit a dairy.
- Visit a farmer’s market to see the fruits and veggies grown on a farm.