Have you heard that I like lemon? In fact, these days there are very few desserts I love as much as I love almost any lemon-flavored dessert. As long as you don’t add coconut to it, I’m good! This incredible Instant Pot Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd Topping blows me away. If you want that sweet/sour lemon punch from your dessert, this is what you want to make!
I find that the Instant Pot does certain things extremely well, and cheesecake is at the top of my list. I am so pleased with how the Instant Pot Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd Topping turned out! The first thing you should do when making our cheesecake is to prepare the lemon curd topping. You will find the instructions at the bottom of this post. Once this is done, the crust is pressed down into the cheesecake pan. Make sure you buy a pan that will fit down into the Instant Pot!
Follow the instructions carefully to make the cheese filling. If you have a stand mixer, that is definitely the best choice, but a regular hand mixer can work too. The key is to make sure there are no lumps left at all when you first start beating the cream cheese. And when you start adding eggs, make sure you beat as little as possible!
When you place the cheesecake pan into the Instant Pot, it needs to be covered with foil. This prevents steam from dripping down onto the cheesecake top. Cooling down and chilling in the fridge for five hours will finish off your cheesecake beautifully and make it the highlight of your next gathering!
I love lemon cheesecake! This Instant Pot Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd topping is the perfect end to any day and any meal.
Incredible Instant Pot Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd Topping
- 10 shortbread cookies
- 2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- First prepare your lemon curd topping by combining all ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Heat while whisking constantly. The mixture should thicken within 5-10 minutes. Heat until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F.
- Place into a bowl and cover with clear wrap.
- Place into the refrigerator until cold all the way through. Keep in an air tight container and use within 2 weeks.
- Next, prepare your crust by placing your shortbread cookies in a food processor and process until you have fine crumbs.
- Prepare a 6″ spring form pan by spraying with nonstick spray. You can even go an extra step and add a piece of parchment paper to the bottom.
- Pour your cookie crumbs into the bottom of the pan and press down with spoon. Place your crust in the freezer until you are finished with your filling.
- Place your cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (you can also use a hand mixer), and mix until light and fluffy. Make sure there are no lumps at all left in this part. Mix for around 3-5 minutes.
- Next, add in your sugar 1 tbsp at a time and make sure it is all combined.
- Add in the lemon extract and sour cream. Mix well until combined. Scrape down the sides of your bowl before the next step.
- Finally, add in your eggs. For this step, it is important that you mix as little as possible. Add in one egg at a time and only mix long enough until the egg is completely combined into the rest of the mix.
- Pour cheesecake mix into your spring form pan and tap against the table a few times.
- Cover your spring form with aluminum foil and seal as best as you can to keep water from getting to your cake.
- Place 1 cup of water and a trivet into your Instant Pot.
- Place the cheesecake on top of trivet and place your lid on and make sure it is in the sealing position.
- Set for high pressure for 35 minutes. Allow for a natural release.
- Once you can take the top off, CAREFULLY remove the cheesecake and allow to cool completely on the counter, then place in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours, but best overnight.
- Once the cheesecake has set, top with the lemon curd and fresh lemons if you wish.
- Serve and Enjoy!