I’ve been wanting to share this recipe forever, and I’ve made it several times just to try and get the pictures to show just how good it is. I think my pictures have finally arrived enough to showcase this fabulous recipe for Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash with Chorizo Sauce. My daughter and I are the only ones who will eat spaghetti squash but the boys will take whatever chorizo sauce we leave and make tacos or burritos with the mixture.
Spaghetti squash could be a pain to cook but it’s an absolute breeze to cook in the Instant Pot! While the spaghetti squash is in the Instant Pot, you can make this delicious chorizo sauce and finish it up just in time. Both steps of the recipe are super easy and the entire dish can be made in thirty minutes or less, depending on how long it takes for your Instant Pot to come up to pressure. To speed that process up, go ahead and plug in your Instant Pot right now, add two cups of water, and set it on sauté. That will get the steam going while you gather the remaining ingredients and start getting ready.
To make your Spaghetti Squash with Chorizo you will need a large skillet, a cooking spoon or turner, a small amount of olive oil just to get the sauté started, and the recipe ingredients below. Print the recipe for easy reference! Just click on the handy little printer icon.
Although I do not make this dish as often as I make this Instant Pot Chicken, I’ll have to be honest with you and tell you that Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash with Chorizo Sauce is close to my favorite way to use the Instant Pot. The flavors in this dish are divine, and I love knowing that it is a low carb/healthy carb meal. The spaghetti squash has a slightly crunchy texture, feels like al dente pasta on my tongue, brings a great flavor profile to the dish, and works beautifully in place of rice, taco shells, or other high carb options.
I’ve included basic instructions for cooking the spaghetti squash in the recipe below, but if you need visuals and more detail, here are step-by-step instructions on how to cook spaghetti squash in an instant pot.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash with Chorizo Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 People 1x
- Category: Main Dish
Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1–2 Cups Water
- 1 Pound Chorizo Sausage
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 10 Ounces Frozen Corn (thawed)
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Can Black Beans (drained)
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Pepper
- 1 Dash Ancho Chili Pepper
- 1 Teaspooon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Cheese and Sour Cream (optional topping)
Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot
- Place 1 -2 cups of water in the Instant Pot and turn it on to sauté mode while you gather ingredients.
- Add the trivet to the Instant Pot.
- Place your spaghetti squash inside.
- Make sure the seal is fully in place, and add the lid.
- Turn the vent knob to seal the pot.
- Turn off sauté mode and set the pot to manual, high pressure for 20 minutes — less if you have a small squash.
- Use the quick release method to remove pressure from the pot. That means turn the knob as soon as the pot beeps to signal it is finished.
- Carefully remove the spaghetti squash from the Instant Pot to a cutting board. Use a potholder or lifting tool as it will be very hot.
- Slice open the spaghetti squash and remove the seeds.
- Use a fork to gently scrape out the strings of spaghetti squash and arrange them on your plates.
Chorizo Sausage Sauce Mixture
- In the meantime, add one tablespoon of oil to a skillet and heat.
- Remove the casings from the chorizo sausage and break it up with a cooking spoon or turner.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring frequently, until the meat is cooked through.
Putting it all together
- Top the spaghetti squash strings with the chorizo sausage mixture and serve as is or top with cheese and sour cream for a nice finish.