After I got this smoothie all mixed up and divided it evenly between four jelly jars for the boys – they disappeared outside and to various parts of the house to drink their smoothies and work on homework. But to the last man, when they finished the smoothie they proclaimed this “the best smoothie ever” or “this smoothie is really good.” They all four loved it. And that’s rare.
Don’t underestimate your kids. They do not need added sugar to enjoy smoothies! Finding good recipes makes a huge difference.
Today’s smoothie super hero is flax seed. These tiny seeds are most well-known for the powerful amount of essential fatty acids they contain in a little bitty space – 133% of the RDA in 2 tablespoons!
Plum Delicious Smoothie Recipe
- Yield: 4 Cups 1x
- 3 Plums (Fresh, Pitted, cut in pieces)
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Strawberries
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Cherries
- 1 Cup Ice
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Flax Seeds
- 4–5 Drops Liquid Stevia
- Throw the frozen stuff in first, then the seeds.
- Then add the water.
- Always start on low and work your way up to high slowly. Puree until the seeds disappear.