Have you ever been to a restaurant that served fresh guacamole mixed up right at your table? I have been a few times now, and these are the ingredients always used in those restaurants. It’s basic, it’s fresh, and it’s what my sister learned to make in Columbia too. So add authentic to the list.
Mixing up Guacamole is really simple. The resulting dish tastes amazing and is filled with many of the vitamins and essential fatty acids your family needs.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 People 1x
- 4 Large Avocadoes (Mashed)
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic ((I use from a jar))
- 1 Tsp Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 Lime (Juiced)
- 1/3 Red Onion (Finely Diced)
- 2 Stalks Green Onion (Finely diced)
- 25–30 Leaves Fresh Cilantro (Finely Chopped)
- Remove the avocado flesh and place in a bowl.
- Add garlic and salt.
- Mash with a potato masher (my favorite tool) or a large fork or even the back of a spoon.
- Add the juice of one lime, the diced onions (red and green) and the chopped cilantro. Stir, taste, and adjust salt and repeat necessary. (Also known as “Mom gets to have as much guacamole as she wants before dinner.”