I didn’t even know until recently that Instant Pot cake recipes for regular cakes were a thing! I mean, I love my cheesecakes in the Instant Pot, and I certainly have enjoyed several different custards in the IP, and for sure bread pudding and rice pudding and brûlée and lots of other recipes work in the IP. But cakes? Wow. This is a game changer – now cakes don’t have to heat up my kitchen! I’m so excited about this pumpkin cake for Instant Pot you guys!
So how many of you love pumpkin? I’ve got a pretty decent collection of pumpkin recipes on the site, because I’m a pretty big fan of pumpkin cake, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, and all that. I do.not.like. pumpkin pie. I know! Isn’t that so odd? I’m just not a fan of the texture of pumpkin pie at all. But give me a pumpkin cake with caramel drizzle like this one and I am on it!
Pumpkin Cake for Instant Pot is the *perfect* dessert recipe to add to your Thanksgiving celebrations for those of us who do not enjoy pumpkin pie but want to enjoy the seasonal flavors. It is a very straightforward recipe using the pot-in-pot method for pressure cooking, which simply means you put your pumpkin cake down into a round cake pan that then goes down into your pressure cooker liner on top of the trivet.
The result is that you can still put some water down in the bottom of the Instant Pot liner, under the trivet and get the steam you need to pressure cook Instant Pot cake recipes, without getting your cakes wet!
How to serve our Pumpkin Cake for Instant Pot
This pumpkin cake is a dense, moist, satisfying cake perfect for fall and the holidays. Serve it warm with ice cream or whipped cream for extra flair, or serve it plain – it doesn’t even need the caramel! Or if you like chocolate, oh my goodness chocolate syrup and pumpkin cake pair really well too.
Once you’ve tried our Pumpkin Cake for Instant Pot please come back and comment and let us know how much your family and friends loved it! We’d love to hear from you!
Hint: Click the “print” button to get a perfect, ad-free printout of our pumpkin cake for Instant Pot recipe. Also, pin the recipe on Pinterest so you can easily find it later if you can’t find your printout! This is one of those Instant Pot cake recipes you are going to want to make over and over again.Print
Best Pumpkin Cake for Instant Pot
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Mix until light-colored, about 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract, and mix until well-combined.
- Make a well in the center and stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin spice blend. Using a wooden spoon, mix with the wet batter until just combined.
- Place two pieces of paper towel on the bottom outside of a 6″ springform pan and then seal with tinfoil. Grease the inside of the pan and then fill with batter.
- Place 1/2 cup of water in the IP and place your trivet in the IP.
- Put the pan over the top of the trivet and secure the lid.
- Bake at manual for 60 minutes, and then natural release for 5 minutes.