What if you could take one of your all-time favorite party foods and turn it into a healthy soup made in your Instant Pot? The result would be this Buffalo Chicken Instant Pot Soup – one that is KETO, weight watchers, low carb, and THM friendly, and still has tons of flavor to enjoy. It’s almost Buffalo chicken dip, but not quite. And you might think it is decadent, but it’s not.
Looks pretty tasty doesn’t it? If you love the flavors of Buffalo chicken, this is the Instant Pot soup you need to try. Living in New York (not in Buffalo, but nearby) for four years, we got pretty familiar with Buffalo-flavored everything. While traditionally associated with deep-fried wings in Buffalo sauce (which originated in a bar in Buffalo, NY), the flavors of Buffalo sauce are now used in many dishes from pizza to spaghetti, to the now-famous dip, to this Buffalo Chicken Instant Pot Soup. And with yummy results!
Our soup comes together so fast with shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch flavors, and pre-cooked bacon. One of the things that never ceases to amaze me is the depth of flavor you can get fast with a pressure cooker. In the Buffalo Chicken Instant Pot Soup, you really just need a few minutes to cook the chicken and then everything gets thrown in the pot. The result is a delicious, and in this case, KETO-friendly, diet food that will keep your taste buds happy in spite of the carb lack.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup – Keto
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese, diced
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 bag real bacon bits, leave some for garnish
- ¼ cup Frank’s Buffalo Sauce
- Garnish with green onion (optional)
- Add chicken breast to Instant Pot liner and pour 1 cup chicken broth over the top.
- Lock lid, set vent to sealing, and set time to manual for 15 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, move vent to do a quick pressure release.
- Remove chicken breast and shred.
- Stir in cream cheese, shredded cheddar, ranch packet, bacon bits, and chicken.
- Press saute and stir until all cheese is melted completely.
- If it is too thick, add remaining chicken broth until you get it to your liking.
- Garnish with remaining bacon bits and green onion.