If you’ve been following me for a while, you already know all about my pumpkin fetish. It would be hard not to notice the massive number of pumpkin recipes I’ve been accumulating on the website, and here is the newest in my collection: Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes.
How amazing do these scrumptious cupcakes look? Perfect for your holiday get-togethers, time with family, a special treat for the teens (or grown-ups!), and even elevated enough a more formal affair, these pumpkin spice latte cupcakes drizzled with caramel are pretty easy to make. The added coffee flavoring makes these a little extra special treat for those allowed caffeine indulgence and the cinnamon frosting takes our cupcakes over the top.
There is no better time to enjoy a delicious pumpkin dessert!
Here are a few tips for this recipe. 1) Let the PSL cupcakes cool completely before adding the frosting and caramel drizzle. Nothing is worse than droopy frosting. 2) A thin drizzle of caramel goes a long way, don’t overdo it. 3) A Stand Mixer makes a huge difference for your buttercream frostings. I burned out so many hand mixers making buttercream (at least five of them) and trying to get that smooth fluffy perfection — my mother-in-law finally bought me this stand mixer for Christmas. Twenty years later, it’s still going strong. Use your hand mixer for day-to-day stuff and pull out the stand mixer for buttercream.Print
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 C flour
- 2 tsp dark roasted instant coffee
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of ground cloves
- 1 C canned pumpkin
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, instant coffee, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves together.
- In a standing mixer, cream together the pumpkin, brown sugar, sugar and the canola oil until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture one cupc at time, blending in after each addition.
- Spoon the batter into the lined baking cups, filling each about 3/4
- Bake for 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven but allow the cupcakes to cool in the cupcake pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cinnamon Frosting Recipe
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5-6 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 disposable piping bag with large star tip
- Caramel sauce for drizzle
Cinnamon Frosting Directions
- Using a standing mixer, mix together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, heavy whipping cream and cinnamon until combined and smooth
- Scoop frosting into piping bag
- Frost the cooled cupcakes and drizzle with caramel sauce