Incredibly moist and packed with a ton of pumpkin flavor, spice, and rich chocolate chips, that’s why we call this recipe a family favorite. These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are a no-fail recipe that your family will love too!
Nothing can beat a moist and flavorful muffin at breakfast time. Pair with a cup of coffee or a warm cup of tea, and grab your journal or paper and relax and take in the morning sunshine. It is one of my favorite breakfast options, and with Fall here – its the perfect time to add a little pumpkin to the breakfast mix. These muffins also make for a great afternoon snack or midnight snack.
With our homeschool back in session and the holiday season fast approaching, life has gotten a little hectic at our house. The baking for the season has begun, working on school work, it adds up fast. When life gets hectic I love to have recipes like this I can whip up a large batch of muffins and then tuck them in the freezer. Then on busy mornings we can pull out a few muffins, toss them in the microwave to thaw, and have a quick and easy breakfast. I love having homemade items for my family to grab and eat.
Within a little time, you can have these whipped up and tossed in the liners and baking away in the oven. Be prepared, these smell absolutely amazing while they bake. I love the pumpkin spice smell, it is one of my favorite scents for autumn. I also love how quickly I can make homemade muffins. These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins truly are delicious.
If you make baked goods for loved ones, friends or neighbors during the holiday season, this is a great recipe to add to a goodie tray!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 22 Minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 12-18 Muffins
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Spice Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree ((15 ounces or almost two cups puree from a pie pumpkin))
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners, silicone baking cups or grease with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine your dry ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- In an another bowl, combine the oil, pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients bowl and fold to combine.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Using a scoop or 1/4 measuring cup, spoon the batter into the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle the tops with additional chocolate chips if desired, and bake for 22 minutes.