Oh my goodness, we’ve done it again! Here is yet another to our amazing pumpkin recipes — this time EASY Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with a sweet Fondant Pumpkin decoration. Easy is extra special when you add a cute pumpkin to the top! Anything that makes my job easier is a blessing to this mom, so these Easy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes start with a spice cake mix and a few added ingredients. For this tasty pumpkin variety – follow the instructions on the card below, not the instructions on the box.
Look at those beauties! Wow your kids and their friends with these sweet pumpkin cupcakes all-decked-out for the party!
The key to these easy pumpkin spice cupcakes beautiful is the sweet fondant pumpkin. You will find instructions for making the fondant pumpkin on the recipe card, but I’ve also added a step-by-step tutorial for the fondant pumpkin here.
To make your easy pumpkin spice cupcakes stand out from the crowd, use our cinnamon buttercream frosting. The recipe is found on the recipe card below.Print
Easy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Fondant Pumpkin Decoration
- 1 box Spice mix
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. applesauce or oil
- 1/3 C. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, combine spice cake mix and pumpkin pie spice, set aside
3. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree , eggs, applesauce, milk and vanilla extract and whisk until combined
4. whisk in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
Pumpkin Fondant ingredients:
1 tube of orange fondant
1 tube of green cake frosting
1 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 66 tip
1 cutting board
1 wooden skewer
Fondant Pumpkin Instructions:
- Begin by rolling a small 1/3 oz piece of orange fondant into a ball. Dust your work surface with powdered sugar/corn-starch to prevent the fondant from sticking.
- Place the fondant ball onto the cutting board
- Lightly push the fondant ball down into a thick disk
- Using the pointy side of the skewer, make a indent in the center of the of the fondant ball
- Using the wooden skewer, take the rounded end of the skewer and using the rolling motion from bottom to top make 4 indents like an X
- Repeat step to make 4 more indents in between the first 4 indents
- Squeeze the icing into the disposable bag and pipe a leaf onto the top of the pumpkin
- Set aside to dry while you make the cupcakes
Cinnamon Frosting Ingredients
1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
3 C powder sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
Fall themed sprinkles
Cinnamon Frosting Directions
- Combine all ingredients into a standing mixer and mix on low speed until combined and stiff peaks form
- Scoop frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star tip
- Frost cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with some fall sprinkles
- Place the pumpkin into the center of the frosting