Finding Dory Recipes – Hankfurters with Seaweed Slaw
Serving Size: 1 hot dog + 3/4 cup coleslaw + I cup nonfat milk
INGREDIENTS FOR HANKFURTER:
• 4 turkey hot dogs
• I tablespoon yellow mustard
INGREDIENTS FOR SEAWEED SLAW (COLESLAW):
• 2 cups shredded cabbage (red, green or a combo of both)
• 1/3 cup shredded carrot
• 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
• 1 tea spoon sugar
• 4 cups nonfat milk
• To make the seaweed slaw, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss until evenly coated . Kids can do this part . Cover and refrigerate until you are ady to use . (Coleslaw will keep for up to 3 days covered in the refrigerator) .
• Cook the hot dogs based on package instructions. To make Hank’s tentacles, make seven lengthwise slices in each hotdog that go two-thirds of the way up the hot dog. Use yellow mustard to make Hank’s eyes and mouth.
• When ready to eat, spread about 2/3 cup of the seaweed slaw onto each plate. Top with a Hankfurter; spread Hank’s tentacles out over the seaweed slaw so he sits up straight. Kids can do this part.
• Enjoy with a glass of nonfat milk.
This recipe and free printable are copyrighted by ©Disney-Pixar and was made available to bloggers as part of the Finding Dory press kit.