One of our favorite things to do each Fall is going apple picking. We team up with friends and head to a local orchard to fill our box with apples. One year I ended up with almost $90 in apples the kids picked so much! Now, we don’t always come home with apples en masse, but we almost always have enough to make an Apple pie or Apple crisp and a few batches of apple sauce. Making apple sauce in the Instant Pot is super easy and when you are nine, ten, or eleven, peeling apples and helping make apple sauce with the apples you helped pick is fun too.
You only need roughly 8 apples or 3 pounds to make a batch of Instant Pot Applesauce. After peeling, you will chop the apples and toss them with the rest of the ingredients except for the water. Then you throw your mixture plus the water in the Instant Pot, turn it on, and walk away. Such an easy process with amazing rewards!
Cooking apple sauce is so very easy is because the amounts for ingredients are totally adjustable. Only have five apples? No big deal! Want to cook twelve apples? Throw them all in! Want more sugar? Add a little more. Want zero sugar? Leave it all out. Instant Pot Apple Sauce can be adjusted to fit your needs.
Homemade apple sauce is a great reward for a job well done. We call that an intrinsic reward. When you sit down at the table to eat your supper and are able to serve the apple sauce you helped make, made from the apples you helped pick, that’s a special moment not soon to be forgotten. Thank goodness we have an Instant Pot to make the whole thing a little easier!
If you are planning an Apple-Themed Supper and you have two Instant Pots, you might want to check out our Apple-Maple Chicken Legs. Yum.
Instant Pot Applesauce
Delicious Apple Sauce made right in your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-20 minutes
- Total Time: 26 minute
- 8 apples, chopped (I used a full 3lb bag)
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Juice of one lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup water
- Place chopped apples in the Instant Pot.
- Toss to coat with all the rest of the ingredients except water.
- Add the water to the Instant Pot.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid and place on manual pressure (pressure cook) for 10 minutes, or up to 20 if you want to really caramelize your applesauce.
- Mash up the cooked apples with a potato masher or puree in a blender or food processor to achieve your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.