I have to admit, I’m a fan of takeout Chinese or Asian food. In fact one of the things I miss most about New York is not the birthplace of fabulous wings, but a little restaurant called Aja Noodles, which had the best ever Chicken Fried Rice and I still crave it! The best part about takeout is the easy factor. That’s why Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is a great way to go – because not only does pressure cooking do a fabulous job with Asian dishes, its also got the easy factor we all love.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- 1 1/2 lbs thinly sliced boneless chuck roast
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup Swerve(Keto) or Brown Sugar(no diet restrictions)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Press Saute on your Instant Pot and when it says HOT, add oil, garlic, and sliced beef and stir until beef is browned.
- In a small bowl, mix together beef broth, soy sauce, and sweetener of choice until dissolved.
- Turn off saute mode and add sauce.
- Lock lid and set vent to sealing.
- Set Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- While waiting, cook broccoli in the microwave for 4 minutes until tender.
- When Instant Pot beeps, release the pressure and remove lid.
- Remove ¼ cup of liquid and mix together with cornstarch.
- Set Instant Pot back to Saute and when it comes to a boil, add cornstarch mixture.
- Let sauce simmer for 5 minutes and turn off Instant Pot.
- Add broccoli and stir.
- Serve with cauliflower rice(Keto diet) or white or brown rice(no diet restrictions).