I like to throw these Cheesy Potatoes in the Instant Pot for holiday meals or any time I serve ham they are the perfect companion! We always eat every bite of these potatoes – and if somehow we do have leftovers, they make a fabulous breakfast hash scrambled with eggs on day two.
Cheesy Potatoes in the Instant Pot are a crowd pleaser. The only way to make cheesy potatoes in one step in the IP is to use the pot-in-pot method. That means your ingredients are going to go down into a casserole dish or cake pan that fits into your Instant Pot liner. So that’s your first step for this recipe. Find or order a pan that fits into you the liner of your IP. Once you have a pan or pot, the recipe comes together really fast. Here’s how this little casserole looks inside the six quart IP. You can get a larger one that will still fit if it doesn’t have handles. Notice that it’s sitting on top of the trivet. That’s so water can go in the bottom to created the steam needed for pressure.
Instant Pot Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Peel, rinse, and slice potatoes.
- Mix together the cream, milk and seasonings.
- Layer the potatoes, ham, cheese and milk/cream mixture together in a casserole dish that fits into the Instant Pot on a trivet.
- Make two layers: potatoes, ham, cheese, milk/cream, and repeat.
- Close the lid and set the pressure valve to sealed.
- Set manual pressure time for 28 minutes.
- Allow for a quick release of pressure, stir and serve.
- You can also add a little extra cheese to the top and put under the broiler for 5 minutes for a toasty look.
Makes 6-8 servings.