Who else loves adding a little beautiful, bright red cranberry to your holiday cooking in November and December? Really, cranberries are an awesome added flavor all winter long I think.
I’m especially loving this Instant Pot cranberry stuffing recipe, because it is fast, flavorful, and uses my favorite appliance for the entire process. I also love the fact that it allows for one more way to use my Instant Pot on my busiest days in the kitchen all year — Thanksgiving and Christmas. I’m adding it to my list of Instant Pot Holiday Recipes! Those are the days when so much is going on with the oven and stove top, having a way to put one of my other appliances to good use is a huge help.
Here’s a picture of Instant Pot Cranberry Stuffing. Doesn’t it look delectable?
You will be using the pot-in-pot method of cooking for this recipe, so find a metal baking pan that will fit down into your IP. A stackable pan set will allow you to make two sides at once if you like.
So here’s what you need to do to make your Instant Pot Cranberry Stuffing. First of all, buy the cranberries. You can use fresh or you could even use dried. You also need to grab some unseasoned dried bread cubes for the stuffing. And pecans. See the full ingredients list below, but those are the things I wouldn’t necessarily have on hand myself. Ok – shopping done, what’s next?
Get out a large mixing bowl, add the first four ingredients and stir to combine. Sauté your onions and celery in the butter for 2-3 minutes. Add in the seasonings and continue stirring for one minute. (You can do this in the IP using the sauté setting so you have fewer dishes to wash if you want.) Pour the sautéed mixture over the mixing bowl ingredients and stir to combine.
Once you have everything stirred up, transfer it all to your metal baking pan found earlier. Cover the pan with foil or a lid if it came with one. Add 1.5 cups of water to the main Instant Pot liner. Add the trivet. Lower the metal baking pan containing the stuffing down onto the trivet. Seal the IP and set to 20 minutes on high pressure. Walk away and dab because your work is done and when you come back in a little bit you will have delicious Instant Pot Cranberry Stuffing!
Don’t forget to use a quick pressure release when you are finished.Print
Instant Pot Cranberry Stuffing
- 12 ounces dry cubed stuffing
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 cups broth (vegetable or chicken)
- ½ cup butter, salted
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups water- for the Instant Pot
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Turn Instant Pot on to saute and saute the onion and celery together with the butter for 2-3 minutes. Add in the seasonings and continue sauteing for another minute.
- Add the sauted mixture to the cubed stuffing. Stir to combine. Transfer into a metal Instant Pot pan, such as a stackable pan set (in this case you’d be able to cook two sides at once). Cover pan with lid or foil.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Lower the pan with the stuffing in to the inner pot on a trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and turn pressure valve to seal. Cook on manual high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Allow for a quick pressure release.