Hey! Who knew that you could enjoy an egg roll without the wrapping and frying? Apparently, the bulk of the taste in an egg roll is in the filling, so this Instant Pot Egg Roll in a Bowl gives you all the satisfaction of an egg roll without any of the carbs or unhealthy fat.
Look at that. Doesn’t that look so flavorful and delicious? Eating low carb does not have to be an immersion in dull foods and zero flavor. You can find really tasty dishes that are also healthy and fit perfectly into the KETO lifestyle, especially when you are using your pressure cooker. Our Instant Pot Egg Roll in a Bowl is one perfect solution to your flavor cravings.
This recipe is THM friendly, works great for Weight Watchers, and fits perfectly into any low carb eating plan. It comes together in minutes, so it’s perfect for those busy weeknights when take-out tempts you. You can literally whip up our Instant Pot Egg Roll in a Bowl in fifteen minutes or less.
Here’s the thing: Using the Instant Pot makes achieving a KETO lifestyle or meeting the goals of your low carb eating plan achievable and manageable instead of just a goal hanging over your head. With tasty recipes like our Instant Pot Egg Roll in a Bowl, you can eat well and lose weight at the same time. Totally worth it.Print
Instant Pot Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 32 oz bag of coleslaw mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with chopped green onions *optional*
- Press saute and once the Instant Pot says HOT, add sesame oil, ground chicken breast, onion, and garlic.
- Stir until meat is browned and onion is translucent; press cancel.
- Add in chicken broth, soy sauce, and ginger, mixing until combined well.
- Pour in coleslaw mix and press down so it does not interfere with the vent (more likely with a 6 qt. versus an 8 qt.).
- Lock lid and set vent to sealing; press manual and time for 0 minutes (just hit the minus until it says 0).
- Once the Instant Pot beeps, release venting valve and remove lid when pressure is done releasing.
- Stir, plate, and garnish!