Eggs are one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast, in any form. I like to change it up quite a bit to keep variety in my life, but I love my eggs. When I found out you can actually make a frittata in the Instant Pot, that was a light bulb moment. What a glamorous, delicious breakfast! You can even make them in individual cups if you want – and so many flavoring options. Now this is variety.
Want something new for breakfast? Try this Instant Pot Frittata with Sausage, Peppers and Cheese.
Making Instant Pot Frittata is actually shockingly simple. Preparing your ingredients — dicing up the veggies, cooking the sausage — is the longest pole in the tent as my husband likes to say. Once that is done, you literally just stir it all up, dump it all in and pressurize. We’ve got the exact steps for you in the printable recipe at the end of this post, but I’ll break it all down for you with pictures so there is no question that you are doing it right. Here’s what it looks like at each step.
For this recipe, you will need eggs, heavy cream, salt, white pepper, Italian seasoning, sausage, bell peppers, and cheese. Cook the sausage and crumble it up and dice up the bell peppers.
[HINT: Put 2 cups of water in the Instant Pot now to speed up the process of coming to pressure. Then skip step 5 below.]
Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, and spices and set aside. Layer the sausage, bell peppers and cheese in the bottom of a prepared 7″ round pan. (We use cooking spray.)
Pour the egg mixture over the top. Cover the 7″ pan with aluminum foil or a lid. Place a trivet in your Instant Pot if you didn’t already, and carefully lower the pan onto the trivet so it is sitting above the water. Make the sure the seal is in properly and close the Instant Pot lid. Turn the valve to the sealing position. Set a manual cook time of 15 minutes on high pressure.
When the cooking time has finished, do a quick release of the pressure and remove the pan from the Instant Pot. This is my favorite part! Remove the foil, and carefully remove your Instant Pot Frittata from the 7″ round. Plate it up – it’s ready to eat! And oh my.
Instant Pot Frittata with Sausage, Peppers, and Cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Italian sausage, cooked
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Whisk eggs, heavy cream, and spices.
- Spray a 7-inch round pan with non-stick cooking spray and add sausage, bell pepper, and cheese to the pan.
- Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil or lid.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the Instant Pot.
- Place pan on a trivet and lower into the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to sealing position.
- Set to a manual time of 15 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking time has finished, do a quick release and then remove the pan from the Instant Pot.