The basil in my urban container garden was ready to be made into our first bruschetta of the season, and the question came up — what should we have with it as our main course? I don’t know why it took so long to figure this out, but it suddenly occurred to me that I could make a delicious Parmesan Alfredo in the Instant Pot in exactly the same way we make our awesome mac-n-cheese.
So without further ado, I threw this together and my kids declared it “amazing,” “perfect,” and “delicious.” What I love about it most is that by using the Instant Pot I just turned this into a one-dish, no strainer, easy dinner for moms to cook on rushed nights and super easy cleanup too. It takes almost no effort to make this Parmesan Alfredo, and if you happen to have chicken or sausage (pre-cooked meats) or veggies you want to throw in during the final step to heat up with the cream – you can do that too! Just switch the IP back to the sauté setting to get an extra oomph of heat. So, so easy.
Instant Pot Perfect Parmesan Alfredo Recipe
Instant Pot Perfect Parmesan Alfredo
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Yield: 8 people 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic (from jar)
- 1 Lb Penne (or other pasta of similar size)
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Colby Jack Cheese Blend (grated)
- 1 1/2 Cups Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I didn’t use any salt because parmesan is salty, but I do love fresh cracked pepper on my alfredo!)
- Turn your Instant Pot on to Sauté setting.
- Add olive oil and minced garlic and let sauté for a few minutes.
- Add pasta and stir to coat.
- After a minute or so, add the water and chicken broth and stir.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and seal for pressure.
- Set Instant Pot on manual, and change the time to 9 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is finished, do a quick release of the pressure by turning the vent knob. Remove lid.
- Add heavy whipping cream and butter.
- Cook until the butter is melted and the cream is heated through.
- Add all cheeses. Stir to combine until all cheese is melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This is AMAZING!! So delicious! This is company worthy for sure!!!
This is a new family favorite!! I can’t wait to share it with company!! Delicious!!!
SANDRA GRIEVES says
I rated it low because you do not allow printing of the recipe which really sucks!
Amy Blevins says
Your comment confuses me. There is a print button on the recipe card itself, directly above the little picture. Every recipe on my site can be printed.