Last year, I didn’t even know that pumpkin spice latte was a thing. This year, I got in on the Pumpkin Spice Latte Rage – not because I like coffee ( I don’t even like a PSL) but because I LOVE the smell and I love pretty much everything else pumpkin spice that I’ve ever tried, especially baked goods. So I had to try baking some Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread. Here it is. (And it’s oh so tasty!)
First thing you need to do if you are baking this bread is head over to Starbucks or your favorite coffee purveyor and buy yourself a pumpkin spice latte as that is actually an important ingredient in this PSL bread!
The next thing you need to do is plan to make two loaves. Seriously. I made one loaf of Pumpkin Spice Latte Pumpkin Bread, and one loaf of Pumpkin Spice Latte Zucchini Bread and they were both gone within minutes. Your family will thank you. Also, and especially if you do not actually drink the coffee, you might as well make several loaves because you don’t want to waste the drink!
Also, just in case you were wondering, you can freeze quick breads if you want to make up a batch of five or six loaves. Just make sure you wrap them extra well in freezer paper and then a freezer-safe zipper bag, and when you thaw them they might be a little bit dry so warm the slices of Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread up in a microwave for a few seconds and add butter!
Isn’t that bread pretty? I also used a small amount of pumpkin spice latte to make this awesome glaze, and for the kids that was their favorite part. The pumpkin spice latte glaze is optional but highly recommended!
Also – here’s something I just heard on one of the radio lab shows recently. Did you know that the “pumpkin puree” you buy in the stores is actually something like 90% yellow squash? It’s not actually pumpkin at all!!! I used a real pumpkin to make my own puree – which is super easy if you have an Instant Pot. I like the flavor of pie pumpkins best, but you can definitely use a can of pumpkin (squash) puree in this recipe if you prefer that.
This pumpkin spice latte bread uses some whole wheat flour to get an amazing crumb! I have whole wheat graham flour but any whole wheat, unbleached flour will do.
Also — see that tiny little green printer above the recipe? If you click that you will get a handy (ad free) printable recipe sheet!
After I was all done baking with my pumpkin spice latte, I let my little boys take a little sip. They had no idea the name of the bread or the name of the drink or why I had even purchased coffee for myself for the first time in their memory. “Oh mom, that bread tastes just like this drink. That’s so cool!”
Now that was the point! And so I give you: Pumpkin. Spice. Latte. Bread.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread – Quick Bread Recipe
A delicious quick bread made with the amazing pumpkin spice latte drink and, of course, pumpkin!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 55-65 Minutes
- Total Time: 65-75 Minutes
- Yield: 8 Slices
For the Bread!!!
- 1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Cup Softened Butter (That’s usually 1/2 stick – but check your sticks)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Pumpkin Spice Latte Drink
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Spice (the actual spice in the spice section of your grocery)
For the Glaze!!!
- 1/2 Box Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Spice Latte Drink (Approximate)
- Make sure your pumpkin spice latte drink is well mixed before measuring.
- Mix all the bread ingredients together. Order does not matter.
- Use a mixer to blend for three minutes until well blended.
- Grease and flour your loaf pan.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350º for 55-65 minutes.
- Cool slightly and remove from loaf pan before glazing.
- For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar with small amounts of pumpkin spice latte and blend thoroughly with a whisk before adding more PSL. It only takes a small amount of liquid to turn powdered sugar into a fabulous glaze!