I love the Trim Healthy Mama plan. I truly don’t feel like I’m missing out when it comes to eating meals. I’ll admit it is hard to resist sugar but otherwise we do not feel like we are dieting! You can read more about how we embrace the THM lifestyle in this post.
I wrote this recipe for a Tex Mex Chili for Trim Healthy Mama the other day and just had to share. It is so delicious!! This chili has the flavor you want for chili but with a mexican fajita type of spin on it. I thought of it after making Cowboy Grub (from the THM cookbook) and my Trim Healthy Mama Chicken Fajita meal. This recipe is kind of a merge of the two using beef.
The fun thing about Tex Mex Chili for Trim Healthy Mama is that it can be a THM-E Meal as written, or you can change it up and make it a THM-S meal for fun! To make this chili as an S meal, leave out the beans and corn and take away one of the onions. Use butter to saute the onions/peppers and use non-lean ground beef. Enjoy with cheese and sour cream!
Tex-Mex Chili for Trim Healthy Mama E-Meal
Delicious chili with a Tex-Mex flavor profile and a little kick of heat.
- 3 tsp Chili Powder (Less if you don’t want a kick of heat.)
- 3 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 tsp Paprika
- 3 tsp Cumin
- 3 lbs Lean Ground Beef-browned/drained
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 14 oz cans Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 sliced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 sliced Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 sliced Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 sliced Green Bell Pepper
- 2 diced Onions
- 1 bag Frozen Corn
- 1 can Black Beans
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Saute the onion, peppers in a nonstick skillet with a small amount of cooking spray. Set aside.
- Brown the ground beef. Drain.
- Add onions/peppers, spices, tomatoes, rotel, corn, beans.
- Stir well and let simmer for 30 minutes to an hour.