Trim Healthy Mama is one of the best eating plans I’ve ever discovered. I love being able to eat both fats and carbs according to plan. It truly doesn’t feel like a “diet” should feel. I love being able to go out with friends and order wings or a juicy steak with a Caesar salad. In fact, in this post I shared more about the Trim Healthy Mama Basics and a Trim Healthy Mama Pizza Recipe to get you started.
It doesn’t feel like dieting when I can still eat Mexican dishes such as their Cowboy Grub with brown rice, corn, beans and other veggies with delicious Mexican flavors. One of my all-time favorite savory dishes is their Lazy Lasagna…who knew you wouldn’t miss the noodles in lasagna!?
Desserts are one area that I’m pretty picky. Ok, very picky. I just am not a huge fan of desserts made with stevia (although, the THM Stevia makes a world of difference!) This coffee cake is one dessert that not only I love, but my husband loves and our children love!
I’ll be honest, when I make other desserts that are on plan our kiddos immediately pick up on it and ask if it’s “from that book,” aka my THM cookbook. With this coffee cake there is no such discussion. They just eat it up! I hope you love it as much as I do! Here is the recipe.
Tips for THM Coffee Cake Success
- Don’t overbake. All ovens are different so start checking on it at 15 minutes. It should be fluffy! It shouldn’t be dry or heavy.
- When you are drizzling the butter it shouldn’t saturate the top, so you may not need all 3 tablespoons.
- Drizzle until it is reminiscent of any pie/casserole that has a crumble topping. It is there to add flavor and a little bit of crispness…not a soggy topping.
Enjoy and be prepared to make it more often! This one will be in high demand with the family. ☺
THM Coffee Cake for the Picky Mom
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 people 1x
For the Cake
- 4 Tbsp Butter, (softened)
- 4 Tsp Super Sweet (Sweetener) (THM brand )
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 8 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Baking Blend (THM Brand)
- 4 Eggs
For the Crumb Topping
- 4 Tbsp Butter, (Softened)
- 4 Tsp Super Sweet (Sweetener) (THM Brand)
- 8 Tbsp Baking Blend (THM Brand)
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Butter, (Melted)
- 3 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1–2 Doonks Stevia (THM Brand (this is a THM Measurement scoop literally called a doonk.))
- Cream the butter and the Super Sweet (a THM Sweetener)
- Mix in the rest of the cake ingredients.
- Spread into an 8×8 (or similar size) pan that has been sprayed with coconut oil spray.
- Mix Crumb Topping Ingredients together.
- Top with the crumb topping.
- Stir the “drizzle” ingredients together and drizzle over the top of the crumb topping before baking.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
You had eggs in the pictures but not in recipe? I added four like you had and it looked more like your batter?
Amy Blevins says
Thank you for that catch! Yes, it is supposed to have four eggs.
Amy Blevins says
I fixed it on the recipe if you want to print it – there’s a little printer icon you can click to print out the card. 🙂
Still not printing recipe with eggs in the ingredients, I wondered why it was more cookie batter like when I put it in pan. Fingers crossed it’s in the oven ;0
Would the be an S or a crossover ?
Amy Blevins says
I see it on the screen and in my printable version when I click the printer, but it might take a while to update the cache for the print version. Sometimes it will fix itself if you refresh the page but sometimes it takes a couple days. Sorry about that. Mary says it is an S.
Barbara Olm says
This looks so good and I’m craving coffee cake. Like right now! Lol I only have Gentle Sweet and the THM Pure Stevia. How could I sub for the Super Sweet? Thank you for the recipe !
I should also add that i have Swerve and a generic version of Truvia plus pure Stevia extract.
I made this last night and had to use my gluten free ancient grains flour. I used the amount listed in the recipe. It still worked OK. I also used Swerve and Stevia. I didn’t have any THM products. The only thing I can say is that it was pretty bland and not sweet enough for us. I will try to buy the THM products and make it again, to see if there is a difference.
Did you use 4tsp Swerve, or 8? You’d need twice as much Swerve, Gentle Sweet or plain erythritol/xylitol to equal the sweetness of Super Sweet.
Can this be made 1 day ahead of time and stored in the fridge until time to bake? Thanks!
April Taylor says
Can I double this recipe and bake in a 9×13 pan?
If so, how long should I bake before watching for doneness?
Amy Stout says
What are the “numbers” on this recipe? (Carbs, etc)
I have Pyure instead of super sweet, how much should i use? Tia!
Just made this! Everyone else in my family is eating coffee cake. So now I have my own. So super yummy!
Baked nicely. Will add a few pecans on top next time.
Sounds wonderful. Simple cake
Not loaded with a lot of sugar.
Susan Wright says
Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe! Absolutely delicious! I used swerve sweetener because I can’t handle stevia. I didn’t make the drizzle but instead I made a glaze with cream and confectioners style swerve and drizzled it on top once the cake was cool. I think next time I might add a few pecans or walnuts to the topping before I bake it.
Margaret Sawatzky says
Hello, im excited to try this recipe. this is an S, is that correct?