A few days ago, I cleaned out my purse in public. I was at the pool with my kids and my friend and her kids, and I just had it. I was looking for something. I don’t even remember what but I couldn’t find it. Instead, I found Skylanders. And random pieces of food. (gross!) And melted chocolate. Oops. I broke my rule about eating all the chocolate again. And a whole lot of trash, at least some of which I didn’t put there. And a stuffed animal. And goggles.
No wonder moms need big purses! Except on date night. On date night, I’m all about the small purse.
Okay, okay. I just love purses. But I don’t ever really spend much on them. That’s a shame.
I have to admit it, I love to have a pretty purse or bag. I hate to spend money on a new purse for myself though, so I am very excited when I am given a nice one as a gift! I’ve picked out the ten best purses I would love to get as a gift, based on brand reputation, reviews on Amazon, and adorable cuteness or elegant swank. This is my purse wish list. I’m willing to share – it can be your purse wish list too.
1. I really love this beautiful and large cross body bag from Fossil. I might have to buy this one. It’s gorgeous, neutral, and has 4.5 stars which is pretty much as high as it gets for handbags on Amazon. It comes in brown, dark brown and black ( I love all three) and is 100% Leather.
2. I’m a big fan of pink purses. Splash of color and all. And this gorgeous and generously sized purse from Kate Spade makes me drool. I need some Kate Spade in my life! Made of 100% Cow Spit Leather (never heard of that term before) and available in 34 *gorgeous* colors!
3. Everybody wants a good COACH purse right? This one makes me smile, and the color choices are numerous but I chose this elegant neutral silver for this design. I’ve heard COACH purses last forever. Someone needs to get me one so I can test that against Mommydom! This one gets 5 stars on Amazon. Nice!
4. Purple. I’m not an old woman yet, but I shall certainly wear purple if I find some I like. This purple purse is the perfect color of purple for me – dark enough to not jump out at you, and girly enough with an understated elegance. Also, Michael Kors. And big enough to carry my computer. It says it’s a “medium tote bag”. But (ahem) I have a large body and need a large body purse. And I’m a mom. This is purse is my size!
5. I have some Levenger bags. The leather is so beautiful and soft and real and they come with a sweet velvety bag to store them in! I love my Fortunata Tote. I especially love this beauty. I actually carry this bag in canvas every single day. It’s so handy! I’ve had my eye on the leather version since the bag came out this year.
6. Okay this handbag – from Kattee – is cute. 4.5 stars on Amazon. Two-color options ( this one or black) and perfect for date night or any time it’s a little too dressy to go BIG. Still a great size!
7. I didn’t even know Dooney and Bourke existed before tonight (I thought that was something fake on TV) but they do have very sweet handbags in real leather and FIVE STARS on Amazon which is huge. I love this red one. I’ve been looking for a red bag.
8. Vintage and Floral. And leather. And American-made. I am loving this gorgeous floral purse from V-Mate. I’ve never heard of this brand, but this looks like quality and I would buy it in a heartbeat. Beautiful.
9. Can we say date night again? Because this bag is little but ADORABLE and I would carry it on a date any day. So orange! So Fall! So sweet. Okay, enough. It’s Tory Burch. It’s orange.