For years this dish tempted me before I tried it. When I moved away from home I was incredibly picky and had not eaten many things outside of the realm of my mom’s tasty traditional cooking. But the name of this dish. Named after a wine. Marsala. It rolled off my tongue and drew me in and eventually I just had to try it with a name like that.
I have good news. Weight Watchers Instant Pot Chicken Marsala is as delicious and rich as the name suggests. This dish does not disappoint. And even better, it only has four Weight Watchers Smart Points.
Weight Watchers Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 tsp light butter
- Spray oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp diced green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup Marsala wine
- ½ cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts
- Season both sides with salt and pepper
- Set Instant Pot to saute until it reads HOT
- Spray with oil and melt 1 teaspoon of light butter
- Brown chicken on both sides
- Remove chicken and add another teaspoon of light butter
- Saute mushrooms, green onions, and garlic for a few minutes and add chicken breast back to the pot
- Pour in Marsala wine and chicken stock
- Lock Instant Pot lid and set vent to sealing
- Press manual for 5 minutes and when Instant Pot beeps allow it to naturally release for 5-10 minutes
- Remove chicken and mushrooms in order to make a sauce
- Set to saute and remove ½ cup of juice into a separate bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch and 2 teaspoons of light butter, whisk until mixed well.
- Pour mixture into pot and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Season and add chicken and mushrooms back to the pot.
- Serve with your favorite sides but remember to adjust the smartpoints accordingly.
4 Weight Watchers Smart Points