Father’s Day, birthdays, and even Christmas are fast approaching and as moms we have to answer that question three times a year — What should the kids get for Dad? I don’t know about your house, but around here we are always on the lookout for some cool thing the kids can make for Dad that fits well into a nine-year-old’s budget. Or, you know, a college student’s budget. I have both and neither has a budget to speak of.
This homemade natural soap right here? This is cool.
Making homemade natural soap is not just a fun sensory process kids enjoy. It’s also a great way to reduce the toxins in your home and provide natural replacements for your family. This awesome recipe for homemade soap kids can make for Dad includes a nifty shimmering base, and also includes coconut oil, vitamin e oil and almond oil to nourish skin.
The end result has that super cool factor and is also very practical with a masculine scent from Patchouli and Frankincense essential oils! I’m loving this metallic look. AND you can get the metallic soap dye in a variety of metal colors. I’ve personally got my eye on the silvery color in this set and this Han Solo in Carbonite mold.
Here are the supplies you will need to make your soap.
½ pound goats milk soap base
3 teaspoons cocoa butter
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon vitamin e oil
1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
15-20 drops patchouli essential oil
15-20 drops frankincense essential oil
Soap dye (I got this cool shimmery color.)
Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
Rectangular soap mold
When making our homemade natural soap for Dad, it’s very important to handle the melting process carefully. Use potholders. Adult supervision is required. You will put the first two ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and melt for 30 seconds at a time, stirring, until it is fully melted. Then you stir in the other ingredients. It’s a lot like melting chocolate.
Before pouring the now liquid soap into molds, make sure to spray the molds with rubbing alcohol so that the soap can be removed easily after it hardens. Then simply pour your liquid mixture into the molds, spray the top with the rubbing alcohol too, and come back in a couple of hours to remove the soap. The metallic soap dye will have mostly settled to the top and you will have some really awesome homemade natural soap Dad will love. Click the printer icon on the recipe below to print this recipe and keep it handy!
Homemade Natural Soaps Kids can Make for Dad
- ½ pound goats milk soap base
- 3 teaspoons cocoa butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin e oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 15-20 drops patchouli essential oil
- 15-20 drops frankincense essential oil
- Soap dye (I got this cool shimmer color on Amazon)
- Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- Rectangular soap mold
- Add soap base and cocoa butter into a medium size bowl and melt in microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Add coconut oil to the bowl
- Add the vitamin e oil
- Add sweet almond oil
- Add the patchouli and frankincense essential oils.
- Add coloring.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Spray bottom of mold with rubbing alcohol.
- Gently pour soap mixture into mold.
- Spray top of mold with rubbing alcohol.
- Allow to harden for at least two hours.
- Store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag until ready to use.