My family has a very interesting story about BBQ sauce. When my grandma was raising kids, she used to attend a community picnic where the doctor made the BBQ sauce. Well, it was his secret sauce and was always a big hit. He refused to share his secret. But one year, my Grandma Mimmie went through the trash can and figured out all of his ingredients. And our family BBQ sauce was born.
Now, this is not that sauce. I might get that sauce into the Instant Pot one of these days to try it, but in the meantime, the sauce below was created by one of my friends to share with you. It’s quite good and works great with these Instant Pot Ribs.Print
Homemade Pressure Cooker BBQ Sauce
- 1 ½ cups celery, chopped
- 1 ½ medium onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk BBQ seasoning
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 1 ½ cups water
- Saute onions and celery in Instant Pot for 3-4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to sealing.
- Set a manual high-pressure time for 25 minutes.
- Do a quick release to let out the pressure.