So many times I’ve tried to make lentils, and so many times I get impatient and they come out crunchy and gross. That’s why I’m super excited that lentils work so well in the Instant Pot! Beans and lentils are two things the IP does really, really well. So well, in fact, that you are going to love this Instant Pot Lentil Chili recipe.
It has all the wonderful flavor and texture of lentils, the yum factor of chili, the ease of Instant Pot cooking, AND it works really well “on plan” for a bunch of different eating plans like Weight Watchers, Paleo, and Trim Healthy Mama – though in some of those cases you would have to leave off the optional fat-free Greek yogurt and fat-free cheese.
For this recipe, all you have to do is chop the onions and throw all the ingredients in the Instant Pot. That’s it. You set the IP to high pressure and walk away. Twenty minutes or so later you come back to delicious, fully-cooked lentils in your yummy chili. It’s hard to argue that this is not easier than cooking lentils on the stovetop. Plus, it’s a no-bean chili. Lentils have a little more palatable texture to me so this is a huge win!Print
Instant Pot Lentil Chili for Weight Watchers PALEO THM-E
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 14 ounces dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- OPTIONAL Non-fat greek yogurt or fat free shredded cheese for topping *optional and not counted in points*
- Fill Instant Pot liner with all ingredients and stir.
- Lock lid and set vent to sealing.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes and natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Release remaining pressure, if any.
- Stir and serve.
0 Freestyle Points for Weight Watchers!