Soup is one of my favorite things to make in the Instant Pot. Soups usually need time to meld all the flavors, but cooking with the Instant Pot makes those flavors come together within minutes. This Instant Pot White Bean Parmesan Spinach Soup is amazing, and just for the record its Weight Watchers friendly too if you need to keep track. Beans are one of those things that need to soak up flavors too, and the white beans in this soup shine!
Bean soup is comfort food right? And nothing makes bean soup better than the Instant Pot or your pressure cooker. I love that we can have delicious comfort food and also fit it right in to the Weight Watchers freestyle lifestyle!
Instant Pot White Bean Parmesan Soup
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 oz chopped spinach
- Set Instant Pot to saute and when it says HOT, add olive oil, onion, and garlic.
- Stir until onion is translucent.
- Add broth, tomatoes, sugar, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, beans, and spinach.
- Lock lid and set vent to sealing.
- Set Instant Pot to Manual (or Soup) for 5 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, release the pressure and remove lid.
- Stir and serve.
2 Weight Watchers Freestyle Points per serving.