Take a step out of the box and try a new take on pull apart bread! I have a pumpkin pull apart bread with a rich and creamy cream cheese frosting that will make your breakfast happy! This recipe is super easy to make using refrigerated biscuit dough and pumpkin puree. It is the perfect pumpkin breakfast bread or dessert.
When you walk into a store you might be bombarded by the overflowing pumpkin spice flavored items sitting on the shelves. The other day I was out doing a little shopping and to my amazement, I noticed they had toaster pastries that are stuffed with pumpkin spice, drinks, oatmeal, cereal, chocolates that are filled with pumpkin and more. On this site – we already have pumpkin spice recipes for Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread, Pumpkin Cupcakes, Pumpkin Spice No Bake Bites, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, Pumpkin Cookies, and Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. If you look at the overall list of recipes on the site, you might notice that pumpkin is our largest category. That’s because I love it so much!
I am amazed at all the ways you can enjoy pumpkin puree. Each year I am beginning to feel like more and more pumpkin combinations are developing. I even think I saw a candy-coated pumpkin flavor if I wasn’t mistaken. I love pumpkin spice, and I am always up for trying new things but maybe we are taking things a bit too far.
As for this pumpkin pull-apart bread, I don’t think anyone can resist the urge to pull apart the bread as they snack away on the rich flavorful layers. There is something about pull apart bread that draws in anyone, young or old. With this recipe, I used canned biscuits, this makes it so quick and easy to whip up.
I love making homemade desserts, but let’s also note there is nothing wrong with cutting corners here and there for easy recipes that will quickly please your crowd. On days I am in a hurry or don’t feel like making homemade biscuits, the canned ones work just as well, and the flavors are still perfect.
We really enjoy this pumpkin and cream cheese combination. I hope you all enjoy this recipe too, and if you have little ones, have them roll up their sleeves and help make this bread. It is a great way to spend time together and enjoy the reward once it is finished.
Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25-27 Minutes
- Total Time: 57 minute
- Yield: 1 Loaf 1x
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree (Or Just under two cups of puree from a pie pumpkin)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Can Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits (8 Count)
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, (Melted)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your bread loaf pan generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, egg, and cinnamon, mix well until combined, set aside.
- Cut biscuits in half
- Place 6 biscuit halves in the bottom of your bread pan.
- Add the remaining biscuits to your bowl and coat well with the pumpkin mixture.
- Dump entire contents of bowl into your bread pan, biscuits and mixture.
- Bake 25-27 minutes.
- For the last 10 minutes, cover pan loosely with foil so that the top biscuits do not brown too much.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together all of the icing ingredients on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the bread has finished baking and cooled slightly, add icing.
Be sure to check that the biscuits in the center of your bread are cooked through. If not, cook 5 minutes longer, covered with foil, and check again until done.