It’s Fall, and everything has to be pumpkin right? I mean, you know, within reason. We’ve already published our Pumpkin Spice Latte Quick Bread and Gluten Free No Bake Pumpkin Bites. Now we are pleased to bring you these delicious Pumpkin Cupcakes with Orange Mascarpone Frosting. If this doesn’t get you into the Fall baking mood, I don’t know what will!
I’d start this recipe by melting the butter or setting butter out to soften an hour or so before you want to make your pumpkin cupcakes. I’d also lightly beat the eggs first, before you start mixing the other ingredients as those two steps will make everything come together super fast!
And the end result is an amazing Pumpkin Cupcake with Orange Mascarpone Frosting you (and your guests) aren’t likely to forget any time soon.
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
- Total Time: 44 minute
- Yield: 20-24 Cupcakes 1x
Pumpkin Cupcakes Ingredients
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinammon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter, (Melted and Cooled)
- 4 Large Eggs (Lightly Beaten)
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree (1 7/8 Cups of real puree. )
Orange Mascarpone Frosting
- 16 Ounces Mascarpone ((Two Eight Ounce Containers))
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Zest
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place paper liners in cupcake pans and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Set dry ingredients aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together brown and granulated sugars, butter and eggs until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in pumpkin puree.
- Fill 20-24 cupcake liners approximately half full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pans immediately and place on wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Combine Mascarpone and Orange zest in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add Heavy Whipping Cream and beat until thick and creamy (It may appear to curdle, just keep mixing and it should come back together).
- Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth.