A delicious soup filled with yummy ingredients like potatoes and sausage and broth, Zuppa Toscana has been a long time favorite for several years. Probably since the first time my husband had it at Olive Garden and immediately decided to try and make it at home.
Eating Zuppa Toscana is amazing no matter how you make it, but being able to make Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana and still fit within the Whole30 lifestyle while still being delicious is icing on the cake.
This Whole30 Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana is made using ghee and coconut milk in place of the usual dairy products to keep it within your Whole30 requirements. Both of these ingredients carry rich flavors so the soup does not suffer for its dairy lack.Print
Whole30 Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1lb mild or hot sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 7–8 medium red potatoes, unpeeled and chopped
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 oz coconut milk
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Set Instant Pot to saute; add ghee, sausage, onion, and garlic until sausage is browned; drain grease.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes.
- Lock Instant Pot lid and set vent to sealing.
- Set to manual for 5 minutes and when Instant Pot beeps allow to natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Open lid and add spinach and coconut milk, stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve