The flavors of pizza and the Instant Pot are the perfect pairing in my book. It means I can make something fast and easy, and still get my kids to eat the food because it tastes like pizza. Instant Pot Pizza Fritatta for the win!
A frittata is an egg-based dish with meats, cheese, and/or vegetables added. It is similar in concept to an omelet or a crustless quiche, but it is baked all together in one pan all at once so my Instant Pot Pizza Frittata is super easy to make.
Serve a frittata for breakfast, lunch, dinner or brunch. The elegance of the dish makes it more than just a breakfast food. Perfect for company brunch!
Speaking of pizza, if you have kids you’ll love this easy Instant Pot Pizza in a Bowl pasta dish.
Ingredients for the Instant Pot Pizza Fritatta
To make the pizza frittata you’ll need whatever ingredients you and your kids love for pizza. I’ll tell you what we used but you can adjust this list of added ingredients to fit your taste or the pizza ingredients you have on hand.
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
- mozzarella cheese
How to Make Instant Pot Pizza Fritatta
You’ll need a seven-inch round pan, a whisk, aluminum foil, the trivet that came with your pot, and the instant Pot. I like to “pre-heat” my IP by adding the water first, setting the machine to sauté, and letting it get the water hot while I mix up the other ingredients. Make sure you refer to the recipe card for exact amounts. Print it for future reference too, this is one you’ll want in your recipe box.
Preheat the IP with 1 1/2 cups of water.
Spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Layer the pizza ingredients on the bottom.
Whisk together the eggs, cream, and spices.
Pour that mixture over the pizza ingredients.
Cover with aluminum foil or a lid.
Place the trivet in the bottom of the IP.
Place the pan next.
Close the lid and turn the valve to its sealed position. (Certain models of newer Instant pots do not require turning the valve.)
Cook on high pressure for fifteen minutes.
Quick-release and remove from the IP.
Serve the Instant Pot Pizza Fritatta with pizza sauce for dipping, a nice bright salad, and some crusty Italian bread.
Other Ingredient Ideas
- Cooked and Drained Sausage. The sausage would actually cook in fifteen minutes in the IP, but it would add a lot of grease to your dish if you don’t cook and drain it ahead of time.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes. Drained.
- A variety of cheeses. I like parmesan to add a little saltiness.
- Mushrooms. Rinsed and diced. This would take the dish over the top for me, but I’m afraid my kids would have a cow.
- Red or Green Peppers.
Other Recipes You’ll LovePrint
Instant Pot Pizza Fritatta
Tasty pizza frittata for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 16 slices pepperoni
- ¼ sliced black olives
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the Instant Pot and set to sautee to preheat the IP.
- Whisk eggs, heavy cream, and spices.
- Spray a 7 inch round pan with non-stick cooking spray and add pepperoni, olives, and cheese to the pan. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil or lid.
- Place pan on a trivet and lower into the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to the sealed position.
- Set to a manual high time for 15 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, do a quick release and then remove the pan from the Instant Pot.